101 Farmhouse Favorites is filled with all the wonderful dishes that made meals at the farmhouse so memorable, and now you can inspire warm memories of your own! Start your morning off right with a big slice of Easy Bacon Frittata or some Swirled Coffee Cake. Gather the family ’round the table for dinner with easy favorites like Cayenne Fried Chicken, BBQ Pork Ribs and Grandma’s Buttery Mashed Potatoes. There’s no better way to top off a hearty farmhouse dinner than with a luscious dessert…how about a big slice of Strawberry-Rhubarb Pie or Root Beer Cake? There is also a canning chapter in 101 Farmhouse Favorites, with great recipes that let you store away a little bit of summer to enjoy all year long. You’re sure to love Garlic Dill Pickles, Mom’s Peach Butter and Our Favorite Salsa.
Like all of Gooseberry Farms cookbooks, this one does not disappoint. I love how easy everything is to make and how they use ingredients that are easily found. We just had this for dinner:
- 4 boneless/skinless chicken breasts cubed
- 1 10-3/4 oz cans cream of chicken soup
- 2 cups water
- ¼ cup diced onion
- 1 cube chicken bouillon
- 1 10 oz pkgs refrigerated biscuits torn into one inch pieces
- Combine all ingredients except biscuits in a slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours.
- minutes before serving add in biscuit pieces to slow cooker and stir gently.
- Cover and cook on high setting for an additional 30 minutes or until biscuits are cooked through.
Since I love this cookbook, I have arranged for one of you to win a copy! Here’s what you need to do:
Additional Contest Rules:
This contest is open to US residents.
There is no cash value prize equivalent for this contest.
Winner will have 48 hours upon notification being sent to claim the prize, if winner does not respond within 48 hours, then the winner forfeits the prize and a new winner will be chosen.