Skillet Chicken Pot Pie
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 tsp salt
- 1½ tsp dried thyme leaves
- ⅛ tsp pepper
- 2 cups sliced fresh carrots (its about 4 medium carrots)
- 2 cups frozen potatoes O'Brien
- 1 jar chicken gravy
- 1 can Pillsbury Golden Layers refrigerated buttermilk or original flaky biscuits
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- In a skillet, heat oil. Add chicken, sprinkle with salt, ½ tsp thyme, and the pepper. Cook for 5 minutes stirring frequently until chicken is browned.
- Move chicken to 1 side of the skillet. Add the carrots and potatoes; cook for 5 minutes. Stir in gravy and heat to boiling. Reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer 20-25 minutes stirring occasionally until chicken is no longer pink in the center and the vegetables are tender.
- During the last 15 minutes of cooking, heat the over to 400 degrees. Separate dough into ten biscuits. Cut each into quarters and place in a large bowl. Sprinkle garlic powder and the remaining teaspoon on thyme over the dough. Toss to coat. Place on an ungreased cookie sheet and cook 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Scatter over top of cooked chicken mixture before serving.