Let Cooking Planit INSPIRE you, help you SHOP, and lower your holiday stress levels by handling the COOKING specifics for you this Thanksgiving. We think about making cooking simple, everyday.
A sweet preparation for a tasty, heart-healthy green.
click to try this recipe free on CookingPlanit.com
- Separate the leaves of kale from the stems and tear into bite-size pieces.
- Soak the kale leaves in a large bowl of cold water for a few minutes.
- Lift the leaves out of the water and dry thoroughly. If there was a lot of grit left in the bowl, repeat the soaking process until water is clean.
- Heat a large saute pan over medium heat. Add olive oil and warm.
- Once oil is warm, add the kale. Season with salt and pepper and cook until the kale starts to soften. Pour in the pomegranate juice and cover loosely with foil.
- Let the kale cook until the pomegranate juice is absorbed and kale is very tender, about 4-6 minutes. Stir often to prevent burning or sticking. Once tender, stir in the pomegranate seeds and remove from heat.
- Transfer the pomegranate kale to a serving dish or dinner plates. Ready to eat!