Italian Sausage Soup
- 1 lb Italian sausage
- 1 cup white rice
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- ½ lb chopped frozen spinach (1-10 oz box), thawed and drained (I used fresh)
- 6 cups beef broth
- ¼ tsp black pepper, ground
- Cheese for garnish
- Brown sausage in a soup pot and break the meat up with a fork as it cooks. Add in rice, beef broth, tomatoes and black pepper and bring to a simmer.
- Cook 12-15 minutes or until rice is tender. Stir in chopped spinach and let simmer for a few minutes.
- Ladle soup into soup bowls and garnish with freshly grated cheese.