Need to change up dinnertime and try something new? Would you rather serve a homecooked meal instead of ordering take-out? Weeknight Dinners is here to help! In addition to over 250 delicious recipes like you expect, each chapter in this cookbook is devoted to a different theme…you’ll breeze through the week!
For Meatless Monday, serve up hearty, veggie-packed dishes like Incredible Potato-Mushroom Soup and Vegetarian Meatballs. Tuesday is Tex-Mex Night…they’ll cheer for flavorful favorites like Fiesta Soft Chicken Tacos and Chopper’s Chipotle Pork Chili. On Wednesday, it’s Italian Night. Your family will love Speedy Skillet Lasagna, Grandma’s Sicilian Pizza and Joe’s Italian Steak Sandwiches… so much better than take-out! Comfort Food Thursday brings Cheddar Meatloaf Roll-Ups, Baked Swiss Chicken and other scrumptious down-home dishes. At week’s end, it’s Just-for-Fun Friday, with terrific dishes like Cheeseburger Macaroni and Saucy Chicken Drumsticks…perfect for feeding the kids’ sleepover guests or just relaxing together. With these inspiring themes, Weeknight Dinners is like getting five cookbooks in one!
Each chapter includes quick & easy salads, breads and desserts to round out your dinner…anyone for Chocolate-Covered Cherry Cake? Mix & match among chapters for even more menu ideas. With easy tips for saving time in the kitchen and clever ways to make family meals fun, you’ll turn to this book again & again.
Gooseberry Patch literally has done it again. There are so many great recipes in here to make every night. The recipes are easy. They are made with things you will easily find in your home. If you can’t find a dinner recipe in here to make, there is something wrong! I love that you can use these for lunch too! LOL
Here is one of the many recipes we tried out of Weeknight Dinners:
- 1 – 2 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breast cut into 1 inch cubes
- ¼ c. water
- .7 oz pkg Italian salad dressing mix
- ½ cup onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 10¾ oz can fat free cream of chicken soup
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 8 oz pkg., reduced fat cream cheese, cubed
- 16 oz pkg rotini pasta or wide egg noodles
- Place chicken in slow cooker ; sprinkle with water and salad dressing mix. Cover and cook on low for 4 hours.
- Spray a large saucepan with non-stick vegetable spray; saute onion and garlic for one to 2 minutes. Add soup, broth, and cream cheese to saucepan. Stir until cream cheese is melted and mixture is smooth.
- Add soup mixture to slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for an additional hour.
Since I love this cookbook, I have arranged for one lucky reader to win a copy. Here’s what you need to do:
Additional Contest Rules:
This contest is open to US residents.
There is no cash value prize equivalent for this contest.
Winner will have 48 hours upon notification being sent to claim the prize, if winner does not respond within 48 hours, then the winner forfeits the prize and a new winner will be chosen.