Herbed Turkey Pasta Salad
- 8 ounces tricolor rotini pasta (about 3 cups)
- 1⅓ cups 1 inch pieces fresh asparagus or small broccoli florets
- ⅔ cup diagonally sliced carrots
- 1 cup diced cooked turkey breast
- 1 cup reduced-fat mozzarella or Swiss cheese
- ⅓ cup sliced black olives
- ¼ cup sliced scallions
- ¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons nonfat or light mayonnaise
- ¼ cup nonfat or light sour cream
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- ½ teaspoon each dried parsley, thyme, and rosemary
- ⅛ teaspoon ground white pepper
- Cook the pasta until almost al dente according to package directions. Add the asparagus or broccoli and the carrots to the pot, and cook for another 30 to 60 seconds or until the asparagus or broccoli turns bright green and is crisp-tender and the pasta is al dente. Drain, rinse with cold water, and drain again. Transfer the mixture to a large bowl, and toss in the turkey, cheese olives and scallions.
- In a small bowl, combine all the dressing ingredients, and stir to mix well. Pour the dressing over the salad, and toss gently to mix well.
- Cover the salad and chill for at least 2 hours before serving. Toss in a little more mayonnaise just before serving if the salad seems too dry. Serve over a bed of fresh salad greens if desired.