Cascade Platinum has improved the appearance of my dishes, glasses/cups and silverware for everyday meals and entertaining. I don’t have to worry about stuck on food on my dishes anymore! I love that if my kids throw stuff in the sink that has been sitting for a couple of days, I will be able to get it off without having to prerinse!
I also love that I can make desserts like the one below and not have to worry about the mess.
- 3 cups plus ¾ cup mixed berries, well washed and divided (any combination of strawberries hulled and
- quartered, blueberries, raspberries, blackberries halved)
- 4 tablespoons granulated sugar, divided
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 pinch coarse salt
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream
- 1 pint raspberry sorbet
- 6 graham crackers, crushed
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon zest
- In a medium saucepan heat one cup of mixed berries, 2 tablespoons sugar and lemon juice over
- medium heat, until the blueberries begin to burst and the other berries break down, about 10
- minutes. Remove from off heat and stir in the pinch of salt.
- Place half the berry mixture in a blender and puree until smooth. Return the sauce to the
- saucepan and stir well to combine with remaining fruit. Allow to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl crush ¾ cup of mixed berries with remaining 2 tablespoons sugar
- using a fork, until slightly chunky and loose. In a large bowl or stand mixer, using a balloon whisk
- or hand-held mixer, beat the cream at medium speed until soft peaks form. Gently fold the
- crushed berries into the whipped cream. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- To serve: spoon 2 tablespoons of the sauce into each of 6 parfait or rocks glasses. Top with a
- scoop of vanilla ice cream, a sprinkling of crushed graham crackers, and a pinch of lemon zest.
- Then add a scoop of the raspberry sorbet and another 2 tablespoons of the sauce. Top with a
- dollop of whipped cream and finish with a sprinkling of the graham crackers and another pinch of
- zest. Serve immediately.
As a food blogger, it is very important to make my recipes look even more delicious since I frequently
take photographs of our meals. Presentation is super important. Cascade allows me to be proud of my dishes.
Cascade also wants you to show off your sparkling dishes, silverware and glassware for a chance to win great prizes by entering the “My Platinum” Instagram contest. The Cascade “My Platinum” contest is a four week Instagram contest that encourages fans to upload photos related to the weekly contest themes. We are now in week two of this great contest. Each week, two contestants will be selected to receive a brand new Whirlpool dishwasher. Additionally, one lucky grand prize winner will receive a Platinum kitchen makeover! Each week will have a 6-day entry period where Instagram users can enter the contest with their #MyPlatinum Photo. Cascade will choose two weekly winners and one final grand prize winner after the entry period has ended. Please be sure to include both the #MyPlatinum hashtag and tag @MyCascade in your entries to the contest!
Why do you use Cascade?