Special thanks to Pritikin Longevity Center for the recipe!
Chocoholic Chocolate Brownie Oatmeal
- ½ cup rolled oats cooked with 1.5 cups of water
- 1 tsp raw, unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ cup non-fat milk
- 1 tablespoon walnuts (optional)
- 1 cup Blueberries (optional)
- 2 tablespoons Splenda
- Cook the oats with 1.5 cups of water until the oats are fluffy and all the water has disappeared (I do this by cooking it for 2 minutes in the microwave, stirring, and cooking it for 2 more minutes.)
- Add the cocoa powder and cinnamon to the cooked oats while they are still hot.
- Stir until everything is fully combined, and your oats have a deep chocolatey color.
- Add the walnuts, and the milk (you can add as much milk as you like – I use about ½ a cup to give the oats a nice creamy consistency)
- Add the splenda and stir to combine until the oats have the consistency you like. If you’re using blueberries, add them in now.
- Enjoy the chocolatey brownie goodness of the oatmeal.