Special thanks to National Watermelon Promotion Board for this awesome recipe!
Creamy Watermelon Sherbet
- 5 cups watermelon puree (about 1 large watermelon)
- 1 ½ tablespoons unflavored gelatin
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 ½ cups milk
- 1 ½ teaspoons fresh lime juice
- Soften gelatin in ½ cup of the watermelon puree. Let stand 5 minutes at room temperature and then heat gently to dissolve gelatin. Cool slightly.
- Add remaining watermelon puree, sugar, nutmeg, lemon juice and milk to gelatin mixture.
- Freeze in ice cream freezer according to appliance directions.