Special thanks to The Westin Resort & Spa for this recipe!
- fresh mint (about 10 to 15 leaves)
- ice cubes
- simple syrup (a splash, to taste)
- lemon juice (a splash, to taste)
- ¼ cup apple juice
- ⅓ cup rum (dark or white)
- 4 green apple slices (to add to drink and for garnish)
- Sparkling water
- In a tall glass, crush the mint leaves, lemon juice, simple syrup (sugar crystals are okay to use instead) and a green apple slice with a muddler.
- Add ice cubes, then the apple juice and rum (if you like you can add vodka).
- Stir well, top off with sparkling water, garnish with red or green apples slices, serve — and enjoy!