- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- ½ cup water, more if needed
- 2 cups diced carrots
- 1 zucchini, sliced and quartered
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ cup elbow macaroni
- Shredded Parmesan cheese to taste
- Mix onion, garlic, and ground beef. Cook and stir until beef is crumbly, evenly browned, and no longer pink, about 10 minutes. Drain excess grease.
- Transfer ground beef mixture to a stockpot. Add chicken broth, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, water, and carrots. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer until carrots are partially cooked (about 10 minutes). Add zucchini, basil, oregano, salt, and black pepper; and simmer until carrots are tender, (about 10 more minutes).
- Stir macaroni into soup; simmer until macaroni is cooked through but firm to the bite (about 10 minutes). Garnish with Parmesan cheese to serve.