Is there any cat who enjoys comfort food more than Garfield? Creator Jim Davis has teamed up with homestyle cookbook experts, Gooseberry Patch to create the first Garfield cookbook in more than a decade! Filled with lasagna and hundreds more recipes that stick to your ribs, Garfield…Recipes with Cattitude! will be a treat for fans of both brands. They’ll love the lighthearted artwork, in Garfield’s signature style, and the simple recipes, inspired by all the foods Garfield would love.
As you all know, I am huge fan of Gooseberry Patch cookbooks. This one does not disappoint! The ingredients of these recipes will easily be found in your pantry. The instructions are easy to follow. There are also so many choices in here that there is something for everyone!
Here is one of the recipes:
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 14-oz cans beef broth
- 14-1/2 oz can diced tomatoes
- ¼ tsp Italian Seasoning
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- 2 cup rotini pasta, uncooked
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella
- Garnish: Grated Parmesan cheese
- Brown meat in a skillet over medium heat; drain.
- Stir in broth, undrained tomatoes, and seasonings; bring to a boil.
- Stir in uncooked pasta. Cover and simmer for 12 - 14 minutes, until pasta is tender.
- Stir in mozzarella cheese.
- Top with parmesan cheese and serve.
Since I am such a fan of Garfield…Recipes with Cattitude, I have arranged for one lucky reader to win their own! Here’s what you need to do: