Ground Beef Stew
- 1 lb. ground beef
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 3 carrots, cut into ½-inch pieces
- 2 medium potatoes, cut into ¾-inch chunks
- 1 medium onion, cut into 8 wedges
- 16 oz. beef broth
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced
- 1 (14.5-oz.) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ cup water
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Combine ground beef, salt and pepper and brown. Drain.
- Add carrots, potatoes, onion and broth. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 15 to 20 minutes.
- Stir in zucchini, tomatoes, mushrooms, thyme and Worcestershire sauce. Cook 5 to 10 minutes
- Combine water and flour in a bowl. Gradually add to stew and stir. Stir until bubbly and thickened.