- Polish leather shoes with a destringed banana peel. Buff with a soft cloth or paper towel.
- Remove warts by rubbing them with the inside of a banana peel every night for several weeks.
- Deter aphids by burying dried up or cut up banana peels a few inches deep around rosebushes.
- Nourish skin with a mashed medium sized banana combined with a quarter cup plain yogurt and 2 tbsps honey to make a mask. Leave on for 20 minutes.
- Wipe houseplant leaves with the inside of a banana peel to remove dirt and leave a shine.
- Rub scraped knees with the inside of a banana peel to promote healing.
This giveaway is now over. The winner is Sonya Sparks. Congrats!
Do your kids snack after school? Mine do, and I am always on the lookout for great products for them to be eating. Go-Gurt is one of those products that moms like and kids like even better. Go-Gurt is made from simple ingredients, and it contains no high fructose corn syrup or artificial colors or flavors. I love that they come in convenient portable yogurt tubes. Madison often wants to eat in the car, and this allows her to do so! Go-Gurt is a good source of calcium and vitamin D too! It comes in two yummy flavors: Strawberry and Mixed Berry. As you can tell, this is a winner in my house!
Simply… Go-Gurt is a good-for-you, low fat yogurt snack that you can feel good about giving to your kids. Since we like it so much, I have arranged for one of my lucky readers to get a coupon for a free sample of Simply… Go-Gurt* as well as a Go-Gurt “Simplify Your Life” prize pack that includes a pocket Etch a Sketch, weekly planner and a seat back organizer!
*This coupon offer for free Simply… Go-Gurt is not valid in some states, including California, Idaho, Louisiana, Minnesota, New Jersey, Nevada, North Dakota and Tennessee.
Here’s what you need to do (please put each thing in its own comment):
Leave a comment telling me what kind of healthy snacks do you feed your kids. Are there any tips you have on getting your kids to eat them?
These will give you additional entries:
1. Twitter about this contest. Please leave me your username so I can verify and you can get an entry every day that you do this (though make sure you leave a comment so I know you did). If you want, use something like this:
@blm03 is giving away a Go-Gurt “Simplify Your Life” prize pack! http://ow.ly/1HR7a
2. Add this post to social media sites like Stumble, Digg, Kirtsy, Blogging Zoom, Reddit, Propeller, Etc. (1 extra entry per site)
Each of these will give you 5 entries:
1. Blog about this on your blog. Please give me the URL, so I can verify.
2. Add this to any forums you belong too. Please give me the URL, so I can verify.
3. Subscribe to this blog using either my email or RSS feed
4. Add blm03 to any of your Twitter lists.
5. Add my badge to your sidebar:
Good luck! This contest will end May 22th, 2010 at 12:00 PM CST.
This was provided by Yoplait through MyBlogSpark.