Recipe Type: Dinner
- 1 box (16 oz) lasagna noodles
- 1 lb sweet Italian sausage
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 eggs
- 2 lbs ricotta cheese
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (8 oz)
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 jar (48 oz) seasoned tomato sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Cook lasagna noodles as package directs; drain and rinse.
- Meanwhile, in a nonstick skillet, cook sausage and onion till brown. Drain fat. Stir in garlic and red pepper flakes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine eggs, ricotta, mozzarella, Parmesan, and basil. Mix well.
- Spread a layer of tomato sauce in a 13 x 9 inch baking dish; top with a layer of noodles. Cover noodles with a layer of the cheese mixture; top with some sausage mixture. Cover with a layer of sauce. Repeat layering with noodles, cheese mixture, sausage mixture, and sauce. Top with final layer of noodles and sauce.
- Bake covered for 45 minutes. Uncover and bake about 15 minutes. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.