Herb and Garlic Chicken and Veggies
- 1 cut up whole chicken (3 – 3 1/2 lbs) (I used a roaster for this recipe instead. You just have to cook it a tad longer)
- 2 tablespoons olive or vegetable oil
- 1 envelope savory herb with garlic soup mix
- 1/3 cup of chicken broth
- 1 large onion cut into 6 wedges
- 2 – 3 handfuls of baby carrots
- 2 medium unpeeled russet potatoes each cut into 8 peices.
- Heat over to 425 degrees. In a small bowl, mix broth and soup mix. Brush both sides of chicken pieces with about half the oil mixture.
- In a large bowl, mix celery, onion, carrots, potatoes, and remaining oil mixture. Arrange vegetables in an ungreased pan. Bake 15 minutes.
- Place chicken pieces in pan overlapping the vegetables if necessary. Bake 35 – 40 minutes longer until vegetables are tender and the chicken is 170 degrees for breasts and 180 degrees for thighs and legs.