Chicken Enchilada Tart
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts cooked and cubed (about 2 cups)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 1/2 cups shredded colby monterey jack cheese
- 1 can enchilada sauce
- 1 can Pillsbury refrigerated pizza crust
- Heat over to 400 degrees F. Spray 15x10x1 inch pan (I used a cookie sheet) with cooking spray.
- In a skillet, heat vegetable oil. Add in the onion and cook 2-3 minutes. Add the corn and cook 3-4 minutes. Stir in chicken and remove from heat. Stir in the sour cream and 1/2 cup of the cheese. Let this cool for about 5 minutes.
- Unroll the pizza crust dough into the pan. Starting at the center, press dough into a 10 inch square. Spread about 2 tbsp of the enchilada sauce over the dough. Spoon the chicken mixture evenly over the sauce to within 2 inches of the edge. Then drizzle about 1/4 cup of enchilada sauce over the chicken mixture and sprinkle the remaining cup of cheese. Fold the edges of dough up over the filling and round the corners.
- Bake about 20 – 25 minutes or until the crust is brown and filling is bubbly (I slightly overcooked mine — Even I mess up these easy to cook recipes sometimes! LOL) Let the tart stand for about 10 minutes. Meanwhile, heat the remaining enchilada sauce.
- To serve, top tart with chopped Roma tomatoes and shredded lettuce. Cut into wedges and serve with the warmed up enchilada sauce.