Like most people, we are a very busy family here, so we often order out which can quickly add up. However, with the economy taking the downturn it has, everyone is looking for ways to save money. I recently read in my local newspaper that people are joining food co-ops and buy whole cows to save money. Another great way to save money, is to quit ordering out. Instead, you can save a lot of money by making homecooked meals. This easy to make recipe is not only easy but pretty cheap to make also. This recipe will make 4 servings, and the total cost of this meal is $13.04 (which include the serving suggestions). Where else can you feed your family for that cheap? I do have to thank Prego for this great recipe to try out. My family loved it and I am sure yours will too!
- 1 tbsp of vegetable oil
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 jar Prego Chunky Garden Mushroom & Green Pepper Italian Sauce
- 8 oz rotini pasta, cooked and drained
- Heat oil in a 10 inch skillet over medium high heat. Add the chicken and cook for 10 minutes or until well browned stirring often.
- Stir the sauce in the skillet and heat to a boil. Reduce heat to low. Cover and cook for 5 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through. Serve chicken mixture with the pasta.
- Serving suggestions: Served with whole green beans and soft wheat dinner rolls. Dessert should be mini-eclaires.