Italian Sausage – Mashed Potato Pie
- 1 pouch of roaster garlic mashed potatoes (I used the cheddar garlic mashed)
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 lb mild Italian sausage
- 1 medium onion
- 1 cup tomato pasta sauce
- 1 tsp basil
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Heat over to 375 degrees. Spray 9 inch pie plate with cooking spray.
- Cook the pouch of potatoes as directed on box except use 3/4 cup of milk and 1/2 cup water and no not add the butter/margarine. After you let it stand for five minutes, stir in eggs. Spread cooked potatoes in the bottom and up the sides of the pie plate.
- In a skillet, cook sausage and onion until sausage is no longer pink. Drain, and stir in the pasta sauce and basil. Reduct heat to low and cook about 2 minutes. Pour into potato lined plate.
- Bake about 25 minutes or until crust edges are beginning to turn golden brown. Sprinkle with cheese, and bake for another 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.