The American Dietetic Association stresses not only the importance of breakfast, but the quality of breakfast foods consumed. A nutritious breakfast will give you a healthy start to your day. Fruit is one important food that should be included in ones breakfast as it is packed full of vitamins and antioxidants.
The following is a list of creative breakfast ideas involving fruit:
1. Spread peanut butter on a small pita and wrap it around a banana. Make sure you get your calcium with a large glass of cold milk.
2. Have a delicious waffle that is topped with berries and yogurt.
3. Fill a pita with fresh fruit and cottage cheese.
4. Have a scrambled egg or omelet sandwich with a tall glass of freshly squeezed orange juice. Have a fresh banana with it.
5. For a light breakfast, have a muffin or English muffin with a fruit spread, a banana, and a glass of milk.
6. Have a fruit smoothie made in a blender. One recipe is:
Berry Banana Smoothie
Ingredients: 1 frozen banana, peeled and cut up 1/4 cup fresh or frozen berries (such as raspberries, blackberries and/or strawberries) 1 cup of freshly squeezed orange juice 3 tablespoons plain yogurt
Preparation: Put the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
7. Have a delicious fruit salad. Cut up all your favorite fruits in a bowl. Add yogurt or honey. Add some granola on top. You can also try the following recipe:
Ingredients: 2 cups cubed cantaloupe 2 large red apples, chopped 1 cup red or green grapes 1 medium banana, sliced 1/2 cup lemon yogurt 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed orange juice
Preparation: In a bowl, combine the fruit and mix. Combine the yogurt and orange juice and sprinkle it over the fruit.
8. Make some pancakes and add fresh fruit such as strawberries, blueberries, or raspberries.
9. Have a parfait that includes layering granola, yogurt, and fruit in a parfait dish.
10. Make a toasted bagel topped with cream cheese and fruit slices such as berries.
11. Have a healthy fruit Hodge Podge:
1 honeydew melon cut up into chunks 1 banana cut into pieces 1 apple cut into pieces apples 50g of a granola cereal 2 tablespoons yogurt
Combine all ingredients. You can also use your own favorite fruits.
12. You can try this Breakfast Fruit Cobbler:
2 Cups of fresh, canned or frozen fruit Place fruit in a baking dish sprayed with cooking oil.
2 Tablespoon sugar 1 Teaspoon cornstarch 2 Teaspoon water or (juice from the canned fruits) 1/2 Teaspoon lemon juice
Mix together and pour over fruit in dish.
1/2 Cup quick cooking oats 1/4 Cup all-purpose flour 1/4 Cup brown sugar 1/2 Teaspoon cinnamon or (1/4 Teaspoon of cinnamon and 1/4 Teaspoon of nutmeg) 1/4 Cup cold butter
Preparation: Mix together cutting in the butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over fruit in dish. Bake at 375 degrees for 20-25 minutes. Makes 4 servings.
A nutritious breakfast includes fruit which is a great source of fiber. Being creative with your breakfasts will make your food more enjoyable and give you the necessary fuel to take on the day.
Our mandate is to provide consumers with a guaranteed supply of safe, high quality eggs at the most reasonable prices possible through the efficient management of the production of eggs. For more easy recipes please visit our website.