This is a pretty easy to make recipe that can be easily customized to what your family likes.
Cheesy Italian Pie
- 1 15oz package folded refrigerated unbaked pie crusts (2 crusts)
- 1 lb Italian sausage
- 2 8oz can pizza sauce
- 1 10oz package of frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp dried Italian seasoning
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Let the pie crusts stand at room temperature for 15 minutes.
- In a large skillet, brown the ground beef and drain. Stir pizza sauce and spinach into the ground beef and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, stir together eggs, ricotta, Parmesan cheese, and Italian seasoning. Line a 9 inch pie plate with 1 of the pie crusts. Spoon the ricotta mixture into the crust. Top with the beef mixture. Place the remaining pie crust over the filling. Seal and flute edge. Cut slits in the top crust to allow steam to escape.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until crust is golden brown.