Chicken Florentine Skillet
- 3 cups uncooked wagon wheel pasta
- 1 1/4 cups half and half
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 pkg uncooked chicken breast tenders (not breaded), cut into bite size pieces
- 1 can diced tomatoes (diced)
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 bag (6 oz) fresh baby spinach leaves
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- Cook and drain the pasta as directed on the package. In a small bowl, stir 1/4 cup half and half, the flour, salt, and nutmeg until smooth and set aside.
- Melt butter over medium high heat. Add chicken and cook 6-8 minutes or until browned. Stir in the tomatoes, mushrooms, and spinach. Cook about five minutes until mushrooms are tender.
- Reduce the heat to low Stir in the pasta and half and half mixture. Cook about 1 minute or until thickened. Stir in the remaining 1 cup of half and half. Sprinkle the cheese over the top and cover. Let stand 2-3 minutes or until the cheese is melted.