An easy to make meal for those who like quick dinners!
- 2 cups uncooked penne pasta
- 1 lb Italian sausage
- 1 jar (26 oz) spaghetti sauce
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat your over to 350 degrees. Grease a 2.5 qt baking dish.
- Prepare penne pasta according to the directions on the box.
- Cook and stir the Italian sausage in a skillet until browned. Drain and pour the cooked pasta and spaghetti sauce into the skillet. Stir well. Bring the mixture to a boil.
- Pour half of the hot pasta/sausage mixture in the baking dish. Add the cottage cheese and spread into an even layer. Sprinkle with half of the mozzarella cheese. Spread the remaining pasta/sausage mixture over the cheese and top with the mozzarella cheese.
- Cover and bake for about 25 minutes. Let stand for about 5 minutes before serving.