Layered Mac N Cheese
- 2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni (8 oz)
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 3 cups shredded cheese
- 1 cup bread crumbs (I actually recommend cutting this in half if not more. There was way too much bread crumbs for everybody here)
- Heat over to 350 degrees. Spray a 2 qt baking dish with cooking spray. Cook and drain macaroni as directed on the package.
- Cook beef, 1/2 tsp salt, and the pepper until beef is browned. Drain.
- In a 2 qt saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Stir in the the flour and cook 1 minute. Stir in the milk and cook 5 – 6 minutes until the mixture thickens. Stir in the broth and remaining salt. Remove from heat and stir in the cheese. Fold in macaroni.
- Spoon 1/3 of the macaroni mixture into the baking dish. Top with half of the beef. Add another 1/3 of the macaroni mixture and then top with the remaining beef mixture. Add the remaining macaroni mixture and top that with the bread crumbs. Bake uncovered 25 – 30 minutes.