This giveaway is now over. The winner is Kimberly L. Congrats!
I love products that make my life easier. Who doesn’t? I am a person who never remembers to pull dinner out the day before or anything like that. Marinate? Never happens here, because I never plan ahead that far. That is why when I heard about Mary’s Marinating Stick, I knew I had to try it out.
Mary’s Marinating Sticks are made from high grade 304 stainless steel. What you do is take your favorite aromatics (onions, garlic, celery, carrots, etc) and cut them up. You open one of these marinating sticks and place the cut up aromatics inside and then close and secure the clasp. You then insert the closed marinating stick into your piece of meat (Make sure you leave the ring outside so you can more easily be able to pull it out when done). You then cook like you normally would. After cooking, let your meat rest for around 10 minutes and then pull the stick out. That’s it! Oh yeah, and these marinating sticks are dishwasher safe!
My family loved this. I loved it because I was able to make flavorful dinners and not have to plan too far ahead. I do recommend that you use fresh ingredients in this because they dried ones (like the minced garlic and minced onion you can get in a bottle) didn’t flavor quite as well. However, the fresh ingredients gave us a much more flavorful dinner. What happened that I didn’t expect was how tender using this marinating stick will make the meat. You literally could cut some of the roasts we made with a butter knife. They were also extremely juicy.
Mary’s Marinating Sticks are a product we will be using for years to come. A pair of these sticks will marinate a roast up to 10 lbs., a leg of lamb up to 10 lbs, and/or a turkey up 18 lbs. You can also use these on pork, fish, and pretty much anything else you can think of. They even include some recipes with the marinating sticks that you can try! With Father’s Day coming up, this would make the perfect gift!
Since I love these, I know one of my lucky readers will too. Here’s what I need you to do (please put each thing you do in it’s own comment):
What would you put in your marinating sticks? Garlic and onion? Something a little more spicy?
These will give you additional entries:
1. Twitter about this contest. Please leave me your username so I can verify and you can get an entry every day that you do this (though make sure you leave a comment so I know you did). If you want, use something like this:
@blm03 is giving away Mary’s Marinating Sticks! http://ow.ly/1yTrK
2. Add this post to social media sites like Stumble, Digg, Kirtsy, Blogging Zoom, Reddit, Propeller, Etc. (1 extra entry per site)
Each of these will give you 5 entries:
1. Blog about this on your blog. Please give me the URL, so I can verify.
2. Add this to any forums you belong too. Please give me the URL, so I can verify.
3. Subscribe to this blog using either my email or RSS feed
4. Add blm03 to any of your Twitter lists.
5. Add my badge to your sidebar:
Good luck! This contest will end April 29, 2010 at 12:00 PM CST.