This is one of those recipes that is just okay. I’ll be honest here. It also uses a ton of dishes.
- 1 cup elbow macaroni
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cup milk
- 2 1/4 cups grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 cup diced ham
- 1/4 cup Italian style bread crumbs
- Grease a large baking dish. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cook pasta according to the package, drain and rinse. Toss with oil. Spoon into a large bowl.
- Place broccoli in a large saucepan; add water to cover. Cook over medium heat until tender (about 5 minutes). Drain and rinse with cool water. Add broccoli to the pasta in the bowl.
- In another pan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in flour. Cook, stirring about 2 minutes. Whisk in milk, 2 cups Parmesan, mustard, and pepper. Fold in ham. Add sauce to the pasta and broccoli. Mix well and spoon into prepared dish. Sprinkle with bread crumbs and remaining 1/4 cup Parmesan. Bake 25 minutes.