Slow Cooker Sausage Soup
- 1 pound Italian sausage
- 1 tbsp minced onion
- 2 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 (48 fluid ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 large carrot, sliced ( I used baby carrots instead)
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach
- 1/2 cup uncooked pearl barley
- 1 can diced tomotoes
- In a skillet over medium heat, cook the sausage, onion, and garlic until the sausage is evenly brown. Season with Italian seasoning. Remove from heat, and drain.
- In a slow cooker, mix the sausage mixture, chicken broth, carrot, spinach, diced tomatoes and barley. Cover, and cook 4 hours on High or 6 to 8 hours on Low.