Spaghetti and Stuffed Meatballs
- 4 sticks of mozzarella string cheese cut into 18 cubes
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1 jar tomato pasta sauce
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 tbsp chopped onion
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1 egg
- 2/3 shredded parmesan cheese
- Place cheese cubes in a freezer bag and freeze for about 1 hr.
- Heat over to 375 and line a pan with foil. Spray foil with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, mix the bread crumbs and 3 tbsp of the pasta sauce. Then stir in the beef, onion, salt, oregano, and egg. Shape the mixture into 18 balls Press 1 of the cheese cubes into each of the balls and seal it inside. Bake for about 10 minutes.
- Pour the remaining pasta sauce into a dutch oven. Cover and heat till simmering. Stir in meatballs when they are done and reduce heat to medium-low. Cover and simmer for an additional 10 minutes or so (ours took closer to 15 minutes) or until the meatballs are thoroughly cooked and no longer pink in the center.
- Cook the spaghetti as directed on the package. Serve the meatballs and sauce over the spaghetti and sprinkle Parmesan cheese over the top.