- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 2 pkg. Au Gratin Potatoes
- 1 16-oz. can pizza sauce
- 4 cups water
- 1 cup milk
- 8 oz. shredded cheese
- Heat oven to 400°F. Brown ground beef and drain.
- Meanwhile, in ungreased 12x8-inch (2-quart) glass baking dish, combine potato slices and contents of sauce packet from potatoes.
- In medium saucepan, combine pizza sauce and water. Bring to a boil. Pour over potato mixture; mix well. Add milk and beef mixture; mix well.
- Bake at 400°F. for 30 minutes. Remove from oven; stir. Sprinkle with cheese. Return to oven; bake an additional 5 to 10 minutes or until potatoes are tender and cheese is melted. Let stand 5 minutes before serving to thicken sauce.
The nice thing with this recipe is that you can add anything you want to it like mushrooms, green onions, etc.