This recipe is from the founder of eMeals.com, Jane DeLaney.
Lasagna Cheese Soup
- 1 lb ground chuck
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 32 oz box chicken broth
- 1 14.5 oz cans petite diced tomatoes
- 1 15 oz can tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups broken lasagna noodles 1 inch pieces
- 1 5 oz package shredded parmesan cheese
- In a large soup pot, combine ground chuck, onion and garlic; cook over med-high heat for 8-10 minutes or until beef is browned and crumbly. Drain well.
- Stir in broth, tomatoes, tomato sauce, brown sugar and seasonings. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes. Add noodles and simmer until noodles are tender. Stir in cheese.