Let Cooking Planit INSPIRE you, help you SHOP, and lower your holiday stress levels by handling the COOKING specifics for you this Thanksgiving. We think about making cooking simple, everyday.
Creamy, cheesy potatoes baked until tender and golden brown. Sometimes you just must indulge!
click to check this recipe on CookingPlanit.com
- Pick leaves of rosemary off the stems and finely chop to measure the indicated amount. Place in a medium mixing bowl.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Peel the potatoes and cut into 1/8-1/4 inch thick slices. Place in a microwave-safe bowl and cover tightly with plastic wrap.
- Microwave the potatoes on high for 5-7 minutes until slightly tender. Strain any liquid from the potatoes after microwaving.
- Combine whole milk and heavy cream in the bowl with the rosemary. Season with salt and pepper.
- Lightly butter a baking dish. Layer the potatoes on the bottom, overlapping them slightly. Cover with 1/3 the Gruyere cheese, 1/3 the Parmesan cheese and 1/3 the heavy cream mixture. Season the first layer with salt and pepper, then repeat with 2 more layers. Cover the dish tightly with aluminum foil.
- Place the potato gratin in the preheated oven. Cook until potatoes are tender and pierce easily with a fork, and sauce is thick, about 20-25 minutes. Remove foil and cook for another 10-15 minutes until top is golden brown.
- Once the gratin is out of the oven, let it rest for about 5 minutes before cutting.
- Slice the gratin and transfer to dinner plates. Serve warm!