- 1 pound Laura’s Lean Beef 96% Lean Ground Sirloin
- 1/4 cup finely minced onion
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 2 ounces reduced fat Monterey Jack cheese cut into 4 even 1/2-ounce pieces
- 4 slices reduced calorie oatmeal bread
- 2 to matoes sliced
- 4 lettuce leaves
- Mix beef with onion and parsley and divide beef into 4 equal portions. Divide each individual portion in half so you have 8 equal portions.
- Flatten 4 portions into rounds. Place a 1/2-ounce piece of cheese on top of each round. Flatten the remaining 4 portions of beef into rounds, place on top of cheese then seal edges of rounds together, sealing cheese in.
- Grill (covered with grill lid) at 400-450°F about 5-7 minutes on each side or to desired degree of doneness.
- To serve, place each burger on top of one slice of reduced calorie (45 calories per slice) bread. Top each burger with lettuce and sliced tomatoes and serve immediately.