Special thanks to RECIPE REHAB: 80 Delicious Recipes That Slash the Fat, Not the Flavor? for the recipe!
Mini Peach and Blueberry Cobbler
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 3 cups frozen sliced peaches thawed and coarsely chopped
- 1 cup frozen blueberries thawed
- ½ cup small tapioca pearls
- Juice and finely grated zest of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup rolled oats not instant
- ¼ cup almond flour
- 2 tablespoons coarsely ground flaxseed
- ¼ cup frozen apple juice concentrate thawed
- 2 tablespoons light butter such as Land O’Lakes, melted
- For Serving:
- ¾ cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1 whole vanilla bean split and scraped
- 1 teaspoon agave nectar
- Preheat the oven to 350?F. Spray four (6-ounce) ramekin dishes with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the peaches, blueberries, tapioca, lemon juice and zest, agave nectar, ginger, cinnamon, and salt. Using a rubber spatula, toss the peach mixture together until all of the ingredients are evenly distributed. Set aside.
- To make the topping, in a separate bowl combine the oats, flour, and flaxseed. Pour in the apple juice and melted butter and mix with a fork to form a coarse meal.
- Divide the fruit mixture among the prepared ramekins, filling to just below the rim. Gently pat the topping over the fruit to cover completely. Put the ramekins on a rimmed baking pan. Bake until the juices bubble up and the crust is golden brown, 15 to 17 minutes.
- To make the yogurt topping for serving, in a small bowl combine the yogurt, vanilla bean, and agave nectar. Mix with a spoon until well blended.
- Serve the mini-cobblers in the ramekins topped with a dollop of vanilla yogurt.