As I wait for the Chicago Blackhawks game tonight, I am looking for some great recipes to make for this momentous Game 5. All of the games have been awesome so far, so this one shouldn’t disappoint. That being said, we have a summer full of sports events and that’s where the Gooseberry Patch Game Day Fan Fare is a lifesaver! Game Day Fan Fare is all about spending time with family & friends, cheering on the home team and all those mouthwatering tailgating treats.
Get an early start with filling brunches like Goal-Line Sausage Casserole, Chocolate Chip Banana Pancakes and Pumpkin-Caramel Doughnut Holes. Whip up some Slow-Cooker Buffalo Chicken Nachos, Pepperoni Bread and Beer-Battered Fried Veggies just before kick-off to keep them cheering for more. Everyone will love a Spicy Italian Sausage Sub to go with their big, steamy bowl of White Chicken Chili. There are easy-to-make mains & sides like Race-Day Shredded Pork, Prosciutto Burgers and Bacon-Wrapped Grilled Corn on the Cob. For dessert, have a slice of Peanut Butter Fudge Pie and a Brownie-Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookie! There’s even a whole chapter dedicated to recipes that make enough to feed the whole team!
Packed with over 240 scrumptious recipes, helpful entertaining tips and ideas to show your team spirit, Game-Day Fan Fare is sure to be the newest superstar in your cookbook collection! I personally made this Pepperoni Roll-ups with the kids (sorry, we couldn’t wait till game time! Though an appetizer, they make an excellent lunch too!)
- 8 oz tube refrigerated crescent rolls
- 16 slices of pepperoni quartered
- 2 mozzarella cheese sticks quartered
- 3/4 t Italian seasoning divided
- 1/4 t garlic salt divided
- Garnish: pizza sauce warmed
- Separate crescent roll dough into 8 triangles.
- Place 8 quartered pepperoni pieces on each triangle
- Place a piece of string cheese on the long edge of each triangle and sprinkle with Italian seasoning.
- Starting with the long edge, roll up the dough.
- Sprinkle rolls with garlic salt and remaining Italian seasoning.
- Place seam side down, 2 inches apart, on a lightly greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 10 - 12 minutes.
- Serve with warmed pizza sauce for dipping.
Hungry now? I know you are! Since this is such a great cookbook, I have arranged for one lucky winner to win a copy. Here’s what you need to do: