Special thanks to The Westin Resort & Spa for this recipe!
- fresh mint about 10 to 15 leaves
- ice cubes
- simple syrup a splash, to taste
- lemon juice a splash, to taste
- 1/4 cup apple juice
- 1/3 cup rum dark or white
- 4 green apple slices to add to drink and for garnish
- Sparkling water
- In a tall glass, crush the mint leaves, lemon juice, simple syrup (sugar crystals are okay to use instead) and a green apple slice with a muddler.
- Add ice cubes, then the apple juice and rum (if you like you can add vodka).
- Stir well, top off with sparkling water, garnish with red or green apples slices, serve -- and enjoy!