Chez Marie is a natural food company based in Wilsonville, Oregon that specializes in truly tasty vegetarian, vegan, gluten-free, soy free, corn-free, preservative-free and GMO-free products. The company was founded by Marie after her recipe for veggie patties became popular with friends and family! Taking pride to use simple ingredients, Chez Marie’s labels “read like a recipe.” You won’t find any ingredients that you don’t recognize in them.
Chez Marie has some great Veggie Patties. They have 5 flavors available:
- Marie’s Homestyle – The “original”
- Spicy Bean –Zesty with a hint of jalapeno
- WOW Mushroom –Packed with Portobello’s
- Wholesome Harvest – A veggie explosion
- Hearty Hemp Seed (new) – The “good seed” (hemp and flax, that is)
Now, yes you can make yourself a great burger with these. However, I like to mix it up a bit and offer you a fun recipe you can also make with the Chez Marie Veggie Patty!
- 1 zucchini diced
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 1 14.5 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1 can 14.5 oz tomato sauce
- 1 cup uncooked white rice
- 4 Chez Marie Wow Mushroom Veggie Patties
- 1 garlic clove
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large pot, combine zucchini and onion. Cover with 3 inches of water. Bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Stir in tomatoes, sauce, and rice. Reduce heat and simmer.
- In a large skillet, crumble and cook the veggie patties over medium heat until brown.
- Stir into soup, adding more water if necessary. Season with salt, pepper, and garlic and simmer 20 minutes more, until rice is tender.