Cheesy Ham Soup
- 3 potatoes peeled and cubed
- 1 medium onion finely chopped
- 1/2 pound processed cheese food eg. Velveeta
- 6 oz pound chopped ham
- ground black pepper to taste
- 2-1/2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup milk
- Place potatoes, onion, and cubed ham in large stockpot. Cover with water. Cook until potatoes are almost tender.
- Remove about one cup of the cooked potatoes and mash in a bowl with the back of a fork. Add some of the liquid from the pan along with the flour till you have a thick paste. Add this back to the pot.
- Place the cheese in the pot. Let the soup simmer until the cheese melts and is thick. Add ground black pepper to taste and stir in the milk.