- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 onions chopped
- 4 cups peeled cubed potatoes
- 2 boneless/skinless chicken breasts cubed
- 1 1/2 cups chopped carrots
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 2 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 14.5 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1 1/4 cups chicken broth
- 1 can tomato paste 6 oz
- salt and pepper to taste
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat, and cook the onions until tender.
- Mix in the potatoes, celery, carrots, chicken, and garlic.
- Season with Italian seasoning.
- Pour in milk, gradually stir in cornstarch, and bring to a boil.
- Mix in tomatoes, broth, and tomato paste.
- Return to boil, reduce heat to low, and simmer 1 hour.
- Season with salt and pepper.