125 Best Casseroles and One-Pot Meals is one of my favorite cookbooks. Casseroles and one-pot meals are the ideal solution for busy home cooks who want wonderful food with a minimum of fuss and maximum taste. Convenience, easy preparation, economy and portability make this method of cooking perfect for today’s busy lifestyles. I know I am running most nights after school getting the kids everywhere they need to be. Many of these recipes you can actually make ahead too! This cookbook includes big casseroles to delight a number of friends or to freeze in small amounts for future family meals, to long-simmering stews that will warm and comfort all on cold winter nights. The skillet meals range from small and quick dinners and stir-fries that are easy for novice cooks to elegant dishes that are entertaining worthy. Here are a few of the recipes that can be found:
- Baked Tortellini with Three Cheeses, Quick Mushroom-Beef Lasagna, Chicken and Shrimp Pad Thai, Pasta E Fagioli Casserole
Chicken and Turkey
- Honey-Curried Chicken and Apricots, Individual Chicken Pot Pies, Quick Cassoulet, Turkey and Corn Enchiladas
Beef and Veal
- Meatball Stroganoff, Osso Buco-Style Braised Veal, Skillet Shepherd’s Pie, Indian Corn Stew, Classic Cabbage Rolls
Lamb, Fish and Seafood
- Braised Lamb Shanks with Olives, Grilled Eggplant Moussaka, Salmon and Potato Strata, Seafood and Broccoli Lasagna
- Garden Paella, Confetti Corn and Chili Pie, Squash and Bean Stew with Chipotle Cream, Roasted Summer Vegetable Lasagna.
I recommend getting your hands on 125 Best Casseroles and One-Pot Meals!